There are a lot of things you can eat with braces, but there are also some things you should avoid. Here are some general guidelines to follow:
– Avoid hard or sticky foods. These can damage your braces or get stuck in them, which can be painful. Examples of hard or sticky foods to avoid include candy, gum, and corn on the cob.
– Cut food into small pieces. This will make it easier to chew and less likely to damage your braces.
– Avoid crunchy foods.Crunchy foods can break your braces or wires, and they can also be difficult to clean out of your teeth afterwards. Some examples of crunchy foods to avoid include chips, popcorn, and raw vegetables.
– Be careful with chewy foods. Chewy foods can be tough on braces, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. If you do eat chewy foods, make sure to cut them into small pieces first. Examples of chewy foods to avoid include bagels, taffy, and caramel.
– Avoid carbonated beverages. Carbonation can damage your braces and make them more likely to break or come loose. Stick to water or non-carbonated beverages instead.
– Be careful with acidic foods and beverages. Acidic foods and beverages can damage your braces, so it’s best to avoid them if possible. If you do consume acidic items, make sure to brush your teeth afterwards. Some examples of acidic foods and beverages to avoid include citrus fruits, tomatoes, and soda.
The best foods to eat if you have braces are soft foods that are easy to chew. Examples of good choices include mashed potatoes, soups, and cooked vegetables. You should also avoid sugary foods and drinks, as they can promote tooth decay.