The eagle-eyed reader will note that there haven’t been many dessert recipes on TMBL lately.
Believe me, no-one is more upset about that than me cos if you’re not seeing them, I’m not eating them.
Blame the Whole30.
Until that sucker is up (10 days to go!), this breakfast pudding is the closest I’m gonna get to actual pudding.
I had it for breakfast because, nutritionally speaking, it’s a great starter-meal – there’s bananas for your carb hit, chia seeds for energy-giving omega 3s, coconut milk for some good fats and an optional tbsp of maca to give you that added zing in your step.
Banana Breakfast Pudding (makes about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional, but good if you have it)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsps black chia seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (again, optional. I found it sweet enough without)
- Churn the banana, coconut milk, vanilla, maca, cinnamon and honey together in a blender until smooth. Pour into a container and stir in the chia seeds.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight as it thickens. Eat.
Like this? You might also like: