A gal can get pretty tired of eggs for breakfast.
Pretty. Damn. Tired.
I miss the day when breakfasts were simple -when you wandered down to the kitchen, blurry-eyed and semi-comatose, shook some sugary grains out of a box into a bowl, added milk and ate.
Of course, my belly does not miss those days in the slightest and I find that the older I get, the more I become a prisoner to the endless demands of my digestive system (sorry belly, love you really).
This is my attempt to re-create the breakfast cereals of yore, while still maintaining the grain-free diet that’s served me well all these years.
Since I’m Whole30-ing, I didn’t add the raisins (didn’t want the extra sweetness) and I used coconut milk, but that’s the beauty of this recipe – it can be tweaked to suit your own household.
Very Berry Muesli (makes one generous serving)
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp raw, shelled, hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 10-12 raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
- Toss the seeds, nuts, coconut and raisins together until well blended.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Cover with milk to serve and eat immediately.
Like this? You might also like:
- Very Berry Hearts
- Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins