I love cooking with hemp. Know why?
Because hemp is such a perfect mix of essential nutrients that some researchers believe hemp seeds could sustain a person for months if there was no other food available.
(move over coconuts, I want a big box of hemp on my desert island when the time comes)
Hemp seeds contain the perfect ratio of omega-3s to omega-6s, which is important because if those fatty acids are out of whack you can expect serious inflammation.
It’s also bursting with vital amino acids. Need I say more?
If you do decide to start getting the wonder food in your diet, this stuffing is always a good place to start.
Almond & Hemp Stuffing Balls (makes 3)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsps hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large clove, garlic, minced
- 1/2 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic and onion. Gently simmer for a few minutes then stir in the thyme and remove from the heat.
- Grind the almonds to a rough crumb. Pour into the butter and stir until it starts to come together.
- Stir in the hemp seeds and, using your hands, scoop about a tbsps worth – rolling it into a small ball. Repeat until the stuffing is used up. Bake at 420 on a greased or lined baking tray for 15 minutes.
Like this? You might also like: