Now that the madness of Easter binging has died down (confession: I went for ice cream instead of an Easter egg. It wasn’t very Easter-ish but I’ll eat ice cream anytime, anywhere) it’s time to get back to ‘proper’ eating.
I don’t know about you, but I’ve had enough sugar in the past few days to last several lifetimes.
So much so that I’m strongly considering another Whole30.
This dish isn’t exactly Whole30 compliant (I think coconut flour is forbidden and I’m definite that dairy is a no-go) but you’ve got to start somewhere and I’ve found that when it comes to detoxing my belly is like Dog facing down his weekly bath – you gotta take it bit by bit until totally immersed.
Baked Chicken Goujons with Garlic Lime Dipping Sauce (serves 2)
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch cayenne
- 1 egg
- Grind the almonds to a rough crumb and mix with the coconut flour, spices and salt.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips of equal thickness.
- Beat the egg then dip the chicken into the egg wash. Shake off the excess then roll in the flour and nut mixture until well coated.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Garlic Lime Dipping Sauce:
- 1 tbsp plain, full-fat, yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsps lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Whisk all the ingredients together. Chill until needed.
Like this? You might also like: