I served this with fish, but I imagine it’d be good in any salsa type situation.
We found ourselves eating it straight from the bowl like a pair of ill-mannered heathens.
To be honest, I’m amazed it turned out as well as it did because my heart wasn’t really in this salsa.
It was still broken over the cake I attempted to bake that morning – which emerged from the oven smelling and tasting like something had crawled into the batter, puked and died.
(turns out it wasn’t my poor baking skills but some very rancid coconut milk that was to blame).
So this salsa isn’t cake. But it’s still pretty good.
Mango Mint Salsa (makes 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced ripe mango, diced
- 1 heaped tbsp roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeno, de-seeded
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Toss all the ingredients together.
- Chill until needed.
Like this? You might also like: