This recipe was originally earmarked for St Patrick’s Day (17th March!) because obviously it’s green and we’re all about green things on that holiday.
But then I made some, and I ate it. Then I made a second batch…and I ate that too.
Then I had a lie down until the stomach ache passed.
Then I realised that it was not only foolish to make you wait, but downright cruel.
Because this stuff is good. It’s not your average ice cream. For a start, there’s no milk/cream, eggs or sugar in there.
It also doesn’t require an ice cream maker because I haven’t taken that particular leap of faith yet.
It’s simple, it’s healthy and it’s sure to be a hit with kiddies if you happen to have them.
Avocado Mint ‘Ice Cream’ (makes around 2 cups)
- 1/2 ripe green avocado (this was about 1/2 cup of the flesh diced)
- 3oz/1 cup chopped, frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- Blend all the ingredients together until a thick, smooth paste.
- Pour into a bowl, cover and place in the freezer. Keep in the freezer to set for about 2 hours, stirring at 30 minute intervals to ensure it stays smooth. After about 2 hours it will have set to soft serve ice cream consistency. Eat or put back in the freezer if you like yours a little more frozen.
Like this? You might also like: