One of my favourite things to do while driving home from the gym is think about what I’m going to eat after the gym.
Lifting weights makes me feel like I could go head to head in a Man vs Food competition with The Rock.
And, as The Rock would no doubt tell you, if you want to build muscle your post-workout fuel is almost as important as the workout itself.
I like to load up on protein and fat, which is why this avocado breakfast is perfect.
It’s got all the amazing healthy fats of an avocado with the protein of good quality eggs and sausage.
I used Applegate Farm’s organic hotdogs because they are very ‘clean’ (no added sugars for the win!), but you can play around with any type of sausages.
Mix n’ match – it all helps build those guns.
Breakfast Scramble Avocado Cups (serves 2)
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1 hotdog (or other sausage)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella (optional, but highly recommended)
- sea salt & black pepper
- Cut the avocado in half horizontally and remove the stone.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt and pepper. Chop the sausage and stir that in too.
- Heat the butter in a wide-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat. Pour in the eggs and sausage, let sit for a minute then stir with a wooden spoon to break up the egg and create a scramble. Cook another minute until the eggs are firm then remove from the heat.
- Spoon the egg and sausage mixture into the cavity of each avocado half (you might need to scoop out some avocado flesh to make room). Sprinkle with mozzarella if using then place under the broiler/grill for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with hot sauce and/or salsa.
Like this? You might also like: