If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I’m a feeder. I show love by baking, cooking, and trying to shove food down my family’s neck at every opportunity (Dog appreciates this hugely).
Food is one of the greatest pleasures in life, and I like to share that pleasure!
So I’ll be cooking up some goodies for Hubs tomorrow and trying not to take it personally when he declares (somewhere around the fifth brownie) that he just can’t take any more.
If you want to spread a little sweetness, I’ve a handy list of healthy dessert options for your special someone. I deliberately haven’t included anything savoury because it’s Valentine’s Day, it’s about decadence and sweetness and all that good stuff.
- Strawberry Filled Paleo Pop Tarts from Mellow Momma (gluten/grain-free)
- Valentine Heart Gummies from Fed & Fit (gluten/grain-free, dairy-free)
- Double Chocolate Raspberry Filled Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen (gluten/grain-free and dairy-free if you can find dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Heart Waffles with Strawberry Compote from Cavegirl Cuisine (gluten/grain-free)
- Chewy Paleoleos from The Spunky Coconut (gluten/grain-free, dairy-free)
- Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake from The Sour Path is The Sweetest. (gluten/grain-free, GAPS)
- Tiramisu Double Chocolate Brownies at Tasty Yummies (gluten/grain-free)
- And my own efforts: Mocha Chocolate Hearts, Baked Custard Hearts and I Love You Truffles. (gluten/grain-free, and dairy-free for the truffles)
Weigh in: What are you doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you make dinner/treats? If you’ve a special romantic recipe please feel free to add a link in the comments.