I loathe cucumbers. Seriously, there are not enough words for how disgusting and repellent I find them.
Even the smell makes me gag.
Imagine my surprise then when I found myself munching through two helpings of this salad.
The trick is to lather them in a sweet, spicy, Asian-inspired dressing and therefore dampen the cucumber’s horrible, watery taste.
If you’ve any other ideas for helping me get through the mound of cucumbers I got from my veggie box last week, please let me know in the comments.
Asian Cucumber & Carrot Salad (makes around 3 cups)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- juice of half a lime (about 3 tsps)
- 2 tsps naam pla/fish sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Whisk together the honey, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger and garlic.
- Peel the cucumber, slice it horizontally and scoop out the seeds. Dice the remaining flesh.
- Toss the cucumber, onion and carrot with the dressing until well coated. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: