So everyone was talking about some stupid football game last weekend.
(can you tell I care about sports almost as much as I care about what Beyonce wore to the Grammys, which is to say NOT AT ALL)
I do, however, care about food and the blogosphere was out in force this past week. Seems like everyone and their granny had a buffalo wings recipe.
My philosophy on such matters has always been ‘if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em’.
And so I found myself making a big platter of sticky buffalo chicken wings long after everyone else in internet-land had had their fill.
If this is the fiftieth buffalo wings recipe you’ve seen in as many days, I can only apologise.
Sometimes we food bloggers are an unimaginative bunch.
Buffalo Wings & Blue Cheese Dip (makes 12 wings)
- 12 chicken wings, clipped
- 5 tbsps coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsps hot sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
The blue cheese dip:
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps mayo
- 1 tbsp plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Toss the wings in 2 tbsps of coconut oil/ghee and season with the sea salt and black pepper. Lay them on a wire rack and bake at 400 for 50 minutes until they turn crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the dip by blending together the cheese, mayo, yoghurt and lemon. Set aside.
- Stir together the hot sauce, remaining 3 tbsps of coconut oil, paprika and vinegar. Remove wings from oven and toss in this sauce. Serve immediately with the dip.
Like this? You might also like: