I’m going in for a short hospital stay soon (pray for me! Medical procedures give me the heebie jeebies!) and am feverishly trying to prepare lots of good nourishing food so I don’t have to lift a finger on the other side of my op.
And what aids recovery better than bone broth? Not much.
It’s a super tonic for the entire body and will hopefully fast track my healing process.
So this rack of lamb was served up just because I wanted its bones for my pot (yes, very fairytale giant of me) but it was so delicious that everyone won in the end - even Dog who got his share after some very dramatic histrionics.
Pecan & Cilantro Crusted Lamb (serves 2-3)
- 8 piece rack of lamb, trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 heaped tbsp fresh cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Brush the lamb with a tbsp of the oil and season generously with sea salt and black pepper. Sear in a very hot frying pan for a minute on each side until brown. Remove from pan.
- Grind together the nuts, cilantro, lemon and remaining oil until it forms a paste.
- Press the paste onto the lamb rack, distributing it evenly along the meat.
- Cook at 400 for 30-35 minutes depending on how you like your meat.
Like this? You might also like: