It’s been a blustery, rainy, windy kind of week in these parts and seasonal affective disorder must be setting in because I’m feeling lazy.
Happily, I’m never too lazy to virtually run around the internet collecting all manner of interesting, funny and just plain crazy links.
Hopefully some of the above will put a smile on your face today (I know I could use a pick-me-up).
1. Kicking things off with the just plain crazy, here’s a video my brother sent me last week. I’m still not quite sure how to put it into words but I imagine this is what taking a boatload of drugs feels like.
2. Moving onto more sane topics, Paleo superstar John Durant explains the ‘Caveman’ diet to Stephen Colbert. The conversation veers amusingly into dating: “I’m looking for a healthy woman who’s a meat-eater and, ideally, lactose-intolerant…and if she had celiac disease? What a dream!”
Dairy/wheat-free ladies get in line!
4. It’s autumn (or fall, depending on where you hail from) and that inevitably means pumpkin everything. Here are 21 Stupid Pumpkin Recipes to get you in the mood. My favourite? “Wrap a pumpkin in bacon”
5. I’m a huge fan Monty Python fan so this tickled me. Some genius created a trailer for Monty Python and The Holy Grail as if it were a dark thriller. Brilliant stuff.
6. Australian comic Tim Minchin takes a swipe at the alternative health community in this animated video. It enraged me. Portraying those of us who believe that there’s more to medicine than pharmaceuticals as dangerous hippies marginalises critical thinking and helps no-one. Watch at your peril (FYI: video contains some swearing).
7. The lazy person’s guide to ultramarathon running for all those who’d rather watch the Arrested Development boxset than run 60k (and I’m assuming that’s probably everyone).
8. If you’re a fan of the facebook page, you might see me post a few of these 18 Fandom Muscle Shirts You Didn’t Know You Needed today – they’re too good not to share.