I’m going to cry bitter tears when berry season is over.
It’s going to leave a huge, gaping, berry-shaped, hole in my life. I’ve been gorging on raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries since the start of June.
But until that dreaded seasonal change arrives, I’m making the most of their availability.
I’m not a fan of lamb. It’s just too gamey for this ex-veggie so I decided to try and fool my picky tastebuds by adding a subtley sweet, berry flavour. Cunning, no?
It’s a bit time consuming (you need to start the preparations 24hrs in advance) but I’m bookmarking it for future dinner parties as I think it’s a definite crowd-pleaser.
Raspberry Marinated Rack of Lamb (serves 2)
*adapted from Gregg Wallace
- 1 rack of lamb (8 cutlets)
- 6oz raspberries
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps fresh rosemary
- Blend together the berries, rosemary and vinegar in a food processor til smooth. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, over a high heat, sear the lamb on both sides til brown. Remove from pan and pierce the meat several times all over.
- When cool, pour the raspberry mixture over the lamb. Cover it and marinate for at least 12 hours (I went to about 18 because I left it overnight and most of the day).
- Remove the lamb and place on a baking tray. Pour over the marinade. Roast at 400 for 30-35 minutes, depending on how well you like it cooked.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday