If ever there was an ultimate breakfast-for-dinner meal, this is it.
All your morning favourites are there – bacon! egg! sausage!
And combined in a delicious, filling pie with a coconut flour crust.
It’s so good, it’s ridiculous….and tasty the day after too (and the day after that if you can make it last).
Bacon, Sausage & Egg Pie
*adapted from the Coconut Mama
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Whisk together the butter and eggs. Stir into the coconut flour and salt. Keep mixing until it comes together as a wet dough.
- Press into a well-greased 9in pie dish. It won’t behave like ordinary dough, you’ll have to do a fair amount of pressing with your hands but trust me, it comes out fine.
- Prick the bottom and bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes til it browns slightly. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 slices of cooked streaky bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 cooked pork sausages, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, chives and garlic. Season well.
- Scatter the meat evenly in the pie crust.
- Pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing.
Like this? You might also like:
This post was also shared at Party Wave Wednesday