I’m calling this a ‘superfood’ salad because there’s just so much good stuff in there.
We’ve got eggs (pastured, organic is best), walnuts, avocado, spinach leaves and the extremely heart-healthy mackerel.
Add a creamy, mustard dressing and you have a party for your belly.
It’s so stuffed full of healthy fats, I had to have a lie down after eating it.
Smoked Mackerel Superfood Salad (serves 2)
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 large avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- dash black pepper
- Peel the skin from the mackerel and shred the fish.
- Toast the walnuts for a minute until they start to brown. Set aside and let cool.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Toss the spinach leaves, avocado and walnuts in the dressing and transfer to a plate.
- Top the salad with the shredded fish and quartered eggs. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: