Mark Sisson, Primal guru and the genius behind Mark’s Daily Apple is awfully fond of ‘big ass salads’.
Turns out, I’m quite fond of them too – especially when they involve chicken, blue cheese and a host of delightful veggies.
Of course you can play around with this type of thing. Go big on the chicken, sprinkle over some chopped bacon, add celery or carrot.
I’d advise you to try the below, see what you love about it and start from there.
These things are versatile after all, and one man’s big ass salad might be another man’s ass-salad (with the omission of just one word, it suddenly becomes something horrifying).
Shredded Chicken & Blue Cheese Salad (serves 3-4)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps plain, full-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 5oz arugula
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/4 large, red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (optional)
- Mix the blue cheese, yoghurt and lemon juice together.
- Add the arugula, avocado, onion and corn into a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing until well coated.
- Divide into two portions, layer the chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: