If you’re religious you’ll know that Valentine’s Day is an official feast day in the church. You hear that? Feast day. Day to feast.
I’m taking it quite literally and preparing some edible treats for hubs who is well used to getting his presents in the form of food (and rarely complains).
Despite being raw, vegan and gluten-free, these truffles are pretty decadent. There’s a lot of nuts in there so you probably won’t want to suck them into your face too quickly – these guys are filling.
Instead, as the occasion demands, I highly advise taking dainty bites while making come hither eyes at your partner. St Valentine would approve.
I Love You Truffles (makes 10-12)
- 1 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw brazil nuts, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 8 medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- Grind the nuts together in a food processor until a rough crumb. Add the apple slices, flax and dates. Blend to a paste.
- Scoop out of the processor and press into balls.
- Chill for an hour. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Like this? You might also like: