If bacon is the gateway meat for vegetarians, then swordfish is the gateway fish for…well…people who don’t like fish (is there a word for that?)
Yep, swordfish is the ‘faux-meat’ of the sea and its dense texture makes it a good candidate for whacking in the pan, giving it a flash fry and then smearing it with a delicious crust.
This is a fish that will stand up to anything, the Chuck Norris of seafood if you will.
Seared Swordfish Steaks with Lemon Cashew Crust (serves 2)
- 2 swordfish steaks
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp basil leaves (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus 1.5 tbsps
- Whizz together the nuts, lemon zest, flax seeds, basil and a tsp of coconut oil in a blender until it forms a paste. Set aside.
- Brush the steaks with a tbsp of oil and season well. Heat the 1/4 cup of oil in a large frying pan over a high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the steaks (carefully! It’ll sizzle!) and sear for a minute on each side.
- Transfer steaks to a baking tray and top with crust. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: