…in the life of TMBL.
One year ago today, I posted my very first post on this blog.
I wasn’t going to include a link here on account of the shoddy photos, poor formatting and lacklustre text, but I’m my own worst critic and everyone has to start somewhere, right?!
Besides, I still standby this recipe (made it the other week in fact).
It’s been a crazy year. I never thought I’d be committed enough to post every day (I have a day job, a family and a social life after all) but I did and it’s down to you guys. If there was no-one reading or commenting I’d have thrown in the towel and eaten some commiseration cake a long time ago.
So thanks. Seriously. Thanks.
Special dues must be given to some fellow bloggers. When I joined WordPress I was surprised to find myself part of an instant family. It was extremely encouraging and inspiring. I found creative cooks, deep thinkers and comedy geniuses.
So thanks bloggers. Here’s a roll call of everyone who’s been with me from the start (or almost the start)*. Please check out their work, they do great things.
- REM Cooks
- The Obamacrat
- Green Door Hospitality
- Expat Chef in Barcelona
- Rose Wine Lover
- Scrumptious Pumpkin
- The Humble Foodie
- Real Food Road
- An Unrefined Vegan
- The Healthy Frenchie
- The Primal Sexy
- A Journey of Two
- Our Life in Food
- The Healthy Frenchie
*sorry if I left anyone out, my brain doesn’t work the way it used to (time to start quaffing the coconut oil probably)
Also a special thanks to Cooking with Mama Miyuki who gave me a ‘Sisterhood of the World’ bloggers award yesterday. It requires me to answer some questions so here goes:
- What is your favorite color? This sounds suspiciously like the lead-up to a Monty Python sketch.
- Your favorite animal? My hubs (hey, humans are animals too)
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drinks? I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question*
- Twitter or Facebook? Facebook all the way (please go ‘like’ me!). If I were a bit more down with the kids, I’d probably pick Twitter but it confuses and disturbs me.
- Your favorite pattern? What a bizarre question. Sometimes I buy kitchen roll with tiny cartoon dogs on it, that’s a pretty awesome pattern.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? That would depend entirely on the present.
- Your favorite number? I don’t have that much of an emotional connection with maths, sorry. I’ve heard that 3 is magic though, which is pretty cool, so I guess I’ll go with 3.
- Your favorite day of the week? Any day that I’m alive, with my hubs and the sun is shining.
- Your favorite flower? Sunflowers. Always, always sunflowers (though I did go through a tulip stage that is best forgotten)
- What is your passion? Cooking! and eating! and eating things I’ve cooked!
*kidding! I’m just getting into grapefruit juice, so it’d be that or cranberry kombucha.
That’s it for today folks. It’s a birthday of sorts so I’m away to eat cake, January resolutions be damned!