From the title of this recipe, you’d be forgiven for thinking I’ve been smoking too much nutmeg (seriously, that’s a thing now…lock up your teens!).
But you’re going to have to trust me on this one – it’s tastier than it seems.
The avocado makes a mediocre cauliflower soup into something rich, creamy, buttery and smooth (those are my favourite adjectives when it comes to soup).
Of course it’s a pale green colour but that’s something you just have to make your peace with, I never said it would be pretty.
Cauliflower & Avocado Soup (serves 4)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 small, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- Heat the butter in a large pot. Add the onion and saute for five minutes until golden.
- Stir in the parsnip, then the cauliflower.
- Pour in the stock, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with sea salt to taste and add the avocado chunks, transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
Like this? You might also like: