My love of potatoes is well documented on this blog.
But there are times when even I want something a bit different.
And that’s where the ever-reliable cauliflower steps in.
It’s a great alternative for low-carbers or people that don’t like potato (I’ve heard these people exist..I didn’t want to believe it but it’s best that I face reality).
You barely notice the substitution, honest.
Not Potato Salad (serves 4-6)
*adapted from Elana’s Pantry
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 large, white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Steam the cauliflower for 10mins until tender, but not mushy. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the eggs into small pieces and combine with the cauliflower florets, onion and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season generously.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard. Add this to the eggs, cauliflower and onions.
- Mix well and refridgerate until needed.
Like this? You might also like:
This post also appeared at Food Renegade.