I have a hard time getting hubs to eat his sweet potatoes.
(and in case you’re wondering why it’s important to eat sweet potatoes read this)
But I have discovered through years of trial and error that hubs will eat almost anything provided it is fried and comes with bacon.
Which brings me to today’s dish. It’s a mix of white potato, sweet potato, bacon, onion and corn.
You can do the whole thing in 30 minutes with just a frying pan. It’s perfect for busy folks like you, me and basically everyone in today’s insane rat race.
I served ours with a poached egg on top for extra delicious protein and a heap of grated cheese because, in the TMBL household, everyone has a serious cheese addiction (even Dog who has a special fondness for strong cheddar).
Bacon & Corn Hash (serves 2)
*adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 1 large yellow potato, diced
- 1/2 large sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn (I used frozen)
- Put the bacon in a large frying pan and fry until crispy. Remove from the pan (reserving the precious bacon fat), and set aside.
- Add the potatoes and onions to the bacon fat in the pan. Gently fry until tender and crispy (potatoes can take a while but, provided you’ve diced them small enough, it should be around 20 minutes).
- Stir in the sweetcorn and heat for a further few minutes.
- Add the bacon back into the pan, stir until heated through then serve.
Like this? You might also like: