Ever wanted to get something into your diet but held back because you hate it with a fiery passion and can’t bear the thought of cooking it, let alone eating it?!
Well that’s pretty much the way I feel about parsley.
Despite being an over-achiever in the nutrition department, I just can’t bring myself to like parsley. So I did what any reasonable person would do.
I teamed it up with something I love (pistachios) in the hope that it would all balance out, ying and yang style.
The pistachios here are the roasted and salted variety. I know they might seem too salty but don’t forget, you are shelling them and the resulting taste gives the pesto a nice tang.
You can slather this on toast, dollop it over fish or eat it with a spoon, straight from the bowl.
Parsley Pistachio Pesto (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachios, shelled
- Put all the ingredients into a blender. Process until well blended. It’s that easy!
Like this? You might also like:
- Pan-fried Pork Chops with Parsley Butter
- Parmesan & Toasted Almond Grouper
- Parmesan and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
This post was featured on the Healthy Home Economist.