Salads are boring right?
WRONG. Oh you could not be any more wrong.
I serve salad as a side dish almost every night and yeah, ok, that might get boring if it weren’t for my constant quest for new dressings as a way to keep it interesting.
This one is a light, zesty, summery type affair.
In my oh-so-humble opinion, it goes best with avocado. Mind you, I think everything goes with avocado.
Whatever. Keep it as a dressing, use it as a marinade for chicken or fish, just dip some bread into it.
Anything goes, just don’t blame me when it disappears quickly.
Mint & Avocado Spinach Salad (serves 3-4)
- 2 tbsps fresh mint, chopped
- the juice of a lemon
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 1/2 tsbps honey
- Mix all the above together and shake gently to blend the flavours. Drizzle on salad.
- 50z baby spinach leaves
- 1 large ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Mix all the above in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Like this? You might also like: